Paul A. Piland, Esq.
Paul A. Piland focuses his practice in business and banking litigation. Mr. Piland is experienced in the practice areas of officer and director liability, RICO, misappropriation of trade secrets, and contract disputes, among others. His experience includes representing clients throughout the entire litigation process, from the drafting of the initial pleadings to the exhaustion of appeals. Mr. Piland believes that personal service is the linchpin of quality legal representation.
- Member, Cobb County Bar Association
- Member, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Volunteer, Oakhurst Neighborhood Association
- Volunteer, The Journey School
- J.D., Vermont Law School, 2007.
- Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College, Exchange Program, 2007.
- B.A., Auburn University, Political Science, 2004.Cum laude.
- Georgia (2007)
- Fulton County Superior Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Obtained judgment on behalf of client for over $950,000.00 arising out of fraudulent charity scheme.
- Obtained judgment on behalf of client for over $630,000.00 for discovery abuses committed by adverse parties.
- Obtained judgment on behalf of client for over $1,200,000.00 arising out of developer’s breach of loan agreement.
Law Firm of Cochran & Edwards
2950 Atlanta Rd SE
“Cochran & Edwards provides an unrivaled combination of expertise, capability, and value. I have invariably been impressed with the results they produce and their cordial approach to client interaction.”
“I believe the average person does not think they’ll need legal representation, but when it does occur that you do need it can be a daunting pursuit. The legal firm of Cochran & Edwards made it as easy as possible. They reviewed my case thoroughly and then advised me on...”