Jeffery G. Casurella, Esq.
Jeff Casurella has well-over 25 years of experience of successfully handling insurance and financial disputes with a focus on complex litigation and consumer class actions. Jeff has been lead counsel in numerous nationwide cases filed in multiple jurisdictions throughout the United States. In so doing, Jeff has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of his clients who find themselves involved in banking lawsuits, ERISA litigation, contract issues, and other business disputes.
Jeff has prosecuted lawsuits against Equifax, Experian, Trans Union, Fleet Finance, Associates Financial Life Insurance Company, Unum Life Insurance Company, Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, Prudential Life Insurance Company, The Money Store, BellSouth (now AT & T), Mutual of Omaha, and many others. In addition, Jeff has gained a unique perspective on “what the other side is thinking” because he has also defended business clients in the medical, building and construction, and banking sectors. Some of Jeff’s cases have achieved national attention on television including 60 Minutes, NBC’s Dateline, as well as national and local news outlets.
Many of Jeff’s cases have also been written up in national publications such as the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, the Washington Post, Time Magazine, Consumer Reports, Bloomberg, and in local publications such as the Atlanta Journal Constitution and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. Jeff is married to his wife Gail for over 25 years. He has one son, Andrew, who currently attends Auburn University. Jeff has strong ties to the local community, having lived, worked, and supported and participated in local scholastic, social, and charity-based organizations in Cobb County for nearly 30 years.
Experience matters. Since the mid-1980’s, I have represented and counseled individuals and businesses in need of help. And if I cannot help you, I will direct you to another attorney who can assist you.
- Represented class action plaintiffs who complained about systematic overbilling of late fees.
- Represented shareholders of businesses who have been defrauded.
- Represented class action plaintiffs whose credit reports contained major inaccuracies.
- Represented banking customers whose mortgage loans were improperly calculated.
- Represented insurance customers who were cheated in cases involving credit life and credit disability insurance.
- Represented beneficiaries of ERISA plans in life insurance benefits cases.
- Represented beneficiaries of life insurance policies who were underpaid on statutorily-mandated interest payments.
- Represented major medical provider in medical malpractice cases.
- Represented businesses in contract disputes.
- Represented clients who were catastrophically or severely injured as a result of someone else’s negligence.
- “Class Action Law in Georgia: Emerging Trends in Litigation, Certification, and Settlement,” 49 Mercer L. Rev. 39 (1997)
- “The Trimester Approach: How Long Can the Legal Fiction Last?” 34 Mercer L. Rev. 384 (1984)
- Otte v. Life Ins. Co. of North. America. Case settled on appeal after District Court certified a class of life insurance beneficiaries in ERISA breach of fiduciary duty case.
- Clark v. Experian Info. Solutions, Inc. Successfully prosecuted cases against the big three credit bureaus on behalf of millions of individuals whose credit reports reflected inaccurate or misleading reportings of bankruptcy. Credit reports were corrected in this Fair Credit Reporting Act case.
- Mogel v. UNUM Life Ins. Co. of America. Reversed federal district court judgment after First Circuit Court of Appeals concluded that life insurance beneficiaries stated a valid claim under ERISA law.
- Dunaway v. Parker. Successfully represented minority shareholders in landmark Georgia decision regarding self-dealing of majority shareholder resulting from sale of corporation’s assets.
- Unum Life Ins. Co. of America. v. Crutchfield. National class action settled over failure to pay post-mortem interest by life insurance company as required by state statutes.
- National Settlement Assocs. v. Creel. Successfully defended against enforcement of Corporation’s non-competition agreement.
- Dickey v. Storey. Represented County Board of Commissioners in Georgia SPLOST case that obtained reversal of Superior Court Order.
- Pounds v. Hospital Authority of Gwinnett County. Successfully represented ambulance company in case against Hospital Authority regarding lost profits.
- Esquire Carpet Mills v. Kennesaw Transportation, Inc. Defended successfully a trucking company in action for losses allegedly sustained by shipper in an extensively litigated case.
- Butkus v. Putting Greens International Corporation. Obtained dismissal for client for alleged defective construction project.
Law Firm of Cochran & Edwards
2950 Atlanta Rd SE
“Cochran & Edwards provides an unrivaled combination of expertise, capability, and value. I have invariably been impressed with the results they produce and their cordial approach to client interaction.”
“I believe the average person does not think they’ll need legal representation, but when it does occur that you do need it can be a daunting pursuit. The legal firm of Cochran & Edwards made it as easy as possible. They reviewed my case thoroughly and then advised me on...”
“I was sued in a lawsuit, but the lawsuit was really against the company that I had worked for and not me. I had already taken a job at another company when the lawsuit came down and my former company didn’t want to pay a lawyer to represent me. I hired Jeff to...”
A Satisfied Client
“A dedicated, top notch attorney who explains everything in detail to his clients.”
John H. Brain injury Attorney
“I endorse this lawyer. An extremely talented and well respected attorney in the legal community.”
Sean C. Car accident Attorney
“If you want to know just how good a lawyer is, read some of his well-written and published answers to Avvo.com questions and see how often other lawyers have said “that’s right” and agreed with him – for attorney Casurella, that’s 88% of the time and that...”
Ronald B. Lemon law Attorney