Hazardous Truck Accident Injury Claims
Tractor trailer or truck accident can cause injury and inflict destruction. The heavy vehicle the accident penchant that can cause people injuries for life and even kill them if goes wrong while driving on the road. The large machines are responsible for carrying millions of materials and goods across the cities or a country. And among these materials and goods, there are some materials that are toxic and hazardous. The trucks responsible for carrying more dangerous chemicals are termed as hazmat trucks.
A tractor-trailer or semi-truck also named as hazmat truck transport hazardous materials across vast distances as well. These trucks are either tankers carrying dangerous liquid materials or regular semi-trucks. The victims of the trucks ferrying hazardous materials often experience severe damages. Lost wages, medical treatment bills, general suffering and pain from the damages, and as well as losing the ability to earn become extensive after the truck accident can cripple someone’s finances. Bringing a claim of hazmat truck accident, the plaintiff can get compensation amount for the loss and damages suffered by proving the recklessness of the accountable party such as truck driver or trucking company.
Seek the Truck Accident Attorney
There is a much greater success chance for those pursuing the truck accident lawsuit if enlist the assistance of the professional truck accident lawyer. Truck Accident Lawyer Palmdale has handled many truck accident cases specifically those involved in transporting hazardous chemicals. They can help in gathering evidence by investigating and navigating the nuances of the legal trial so that their client’s claims stands best for the chances of success.
Laws and Restrictions for Truck Drivers
To be able to drive hazmat trucks, the truck drivers must have a supplementary license or certification called hazardous material endorsement which shows that the driver is well trained to drive hazmat trucks. Furthermore, often these truck drivers will have run on them the security checks to make sure that they will not be the risk factor.
There are many restrictions placed on the trucks hauling hazardous chemicals so minimize if there are any chances of happening a serious accident. These trucks are allowed only at certain times of a day and are prohibited to use certain roads in order to avoid nearness to populated areas and congested driving conditions as much as possible.
Types of Hazardous Materials Transported
There are nine categories of hazardous material that are allowed to be carried by trucks. These are:
- Flammable Liquids: the common flammable hazardous liquids are diesel fuel, kerosene, gasoline, motor oil, ethanol etc.
- Explosives: materials which have the potential to create the explosion are explosives with the detonating devices, blasting agents, and projection hazard.
- Spontaneous Combustible and Flammable Solids: many household items such as sulfur and matches, also magnesium, aluminum powder, and activated charcoal are included in this category.
- Gases: non-flammable, flammable compressed hazardous gases as well as gases which are toxic when exposed.
- Infectious Substances and Toxic Materials: in this category poisons infectious biological chemical and materials.
- Corrosive Materials: basses and acids that corrode or burn must be transported with much care.
- Radioactive Materials: those materials that are considered radioactive needs special management and handling as per the state laws.
- Organic Peroxides and Oxidizers: chemical compounds which enhance the combustion of other materials are known as the oxidizers. Some organic oxides are also explosive.
- Dangerous Goods: hazardous materials that don’t meet the criteria specified for other classes are included in this type. For example dry ice and lithium batteries.